Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Little World in Open World

Oracle Open World is coming up in just two months ... actually sooner. It will be quite active for me.

First, I am sharing the stage with a panel with some very distinguished folks - Lewis Cunningham, Eddie Awad, Mark Rittman, Tim Hall, Hans Forbich, Rich Niemiec, and Bradley Brown. This is a real session - S300480 "Oracle ACE Director Birds-of-a-Feather Tips and Techniques" but the format is free question and answer session.

On one hand I feel deeply honored and thrilled to be on the same forum that reads like a who's who in the Oracle community. But on the other hand, the abstract says "Attendees are encouraged to submit their hardest questions in a game of Stump the Chump" Huh? Anyway, it's going to be thrilling nonetheless! Come see us at 10:30 AM on Sep 25th Room 301 Moscone South.

Then, I have three sessions, yes three! All three were selected by user voting in Oracle Mix.
  1. Tue the 23rd at 5:00 PM: Real World Best Practices for DBAs (S301683) Room 236 Moscone South
  2. Wed the 24th at 5:00 PM: 11g New Features for DBAs (S301684) Room 236 Moscone South
  3. Thu the 25th at 12:00 noon: Partitioning: When, Which and How (S301710) Room 200 Moscone South
I also have an ACE Directors' Meeting someday, probably on Sunday. Well, I will have my hands full. As always, Exhibition hall will be a place I will spen a lot of time. I get to know about new products and technology, some of which actually debut during Open World. So, it leaves a tough question - which sessions I should attend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Nanda,

I think you should blog more often, and share your wisdom with the Oracle community. A large part of the community is not able to visit the Oracle Open World and the only contact with the Gurus is thought their blogs. So, please make "The Arup Nanda Blog" a part from of your everyday (maybe not everyday, but every week :P) world!

Best Regards and have a nice time at OOW,
Vlatko

santanu said...

Mr. Arup Nanda,
I gone through the "The Top 20 Features for DBAs". It was really great.Someone like me who is a Data Modeler by profession and a SubProd DBA will look for one stop shop like above mentioned topic. Please keep writing and one suggestion please provide more real world example.
Thanks again for your writeup and keep going on.

Santanu

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Translate